Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Favorite City

This week, I have the opportunity to write about anything I want. I have decided to write about where I am from. I am from Nashville, Tennessee. Nashville is a great place to live. It is located in the central basin which means that the city is surrounded with hills and mountains. Nashville is the capital of Tennessee. It filled with history and country music. The Country Music Hall of Frame, Predators Hockey Arena, Titans Station, Ryman Auditorium, and most country bars are all within walking distance of each other all downtown by the river. Downtown Nashville even still has some old cobblestone streets and restored civil war forts. Minutes from downtown Nashville is the suburbs. The traffic is not bad and easy to understand for visitors. Don’t get me wrong, Nashville is not a small city. In fact it consists of more than 545,000 people just in one county! From where I live, in the suburbs, I am surrounded by four different malls and many different areas of town. It takes no more than fifteen to twenty minutes to get to each different part of town. Downtown, depending on the route you take, takes approximately twenty minutes. I consider this to be perfect timing especially since you go through a lot of traffic to get there. I am very proud to say that I am from Nashville. I am eager to finish college and go back to a city that I love. I can’t wait to experience Nashville when I am twenty- one and also to experience it as an older woman. I am thinking about renting a house near downtown with some friends and going to graduate school in Nashville. I love my city and I am eager to learn more about it. There is much I really don’t know.

No comments: